Join Brompton riders around the globe in this year’s Covid-safe virtual Brompton World Challenge!
From the very first Brompton World Championship (“BWC”), held in Barcelona in 2006, Brompton owners have gathered to ride together, dressed in their finest, compete in Fastest Fold challenges, and generally have a ripper day out!
In recent years Brompton Bicycle have run the BWC Final in London – right outside Buckingham Palace – in coordination with Prudential Ride London and the massive weekend of cycling events in London, typically held in late July/early August.
With travel being completely off the cards for so many – not to mention large gatherings and sporting events of this nature – the BWC as we’ve come to know and love has been reimagined. The best part of having to stay at home is that we can ALL take part this year!
If you haven’t already, you STILL have time to register and join in the fun! CLICK HERE to register – it’s free and only take a minute or two. Due to the 1 hour daily exercise restriction in Level 4 lockdown, you’re advised to select “Freecycle” as the ride option. There are prizes to be won (more on that shortly!) and live streamed talks with inspiring figures from the cycling industry that you won’t want to miss!
Originally planned to run over the weekend of 15-16 August, the event has now been extended thought to Sunday 23 August.
In addition to the prizes on offer from the Brompton factory, we have decided to up the anticipation levels! Representatives from both Brompton Junction Melbourne and Melbourne Brompton Club will just the best photos in the following categories:
- Longest distance – ridden in 1hr on a Brompton
- Best Mask/Best Dressed – Brompton should be included in photo
- Punkiest Pet – alive or stuffed (or at least very tired). Brompton must be included in photo.
- Fastest Fold – Start/Stop must be performed by the folder
- Beautiful Scenery – let your suburb really shine!
- A Good Deed – time to really be creative!
Follow these steps to be included with our local group and for your chance to win:
- Post your photos Instagram &/or Facebook &/or Twitter
- Use the hashtages #myBWC #bromptonsofmelbourne
- Tag Brompton Junction Melbourne and Melbourne Brompton Club (see below for handles)
- Location (suburb or landmark) must be shown in photo
- Photos must be posted by Monday 24th August
Brompton Junction Melbourne
Melbourne Brompton Club
Winners and runners up will be announced later that week and shared on our various channels.