Brompton Maintenance Session 1 - Wheel Removal & Hub Gear Indexing (Attendance)
Our Brompton Maintenance Sessions are a great way for people looking to gain basic, practical bike skills specific to their Brompton, in a supported group learning environment.
This 2hr maintenance session focuses on:
- Rear Wheel Removal and Fitting
- Tyre removal and Fitting
- Hub Gear Indexing (adjustment)
- Front wheel removal and Fitting
The session is conducted in two parts:
PART 1 - Demonstration
One of our experienced Brompton Junction team members demonstrates each of the points above and gives examples of various situations that may lead to you needing to perform these actions, and how best to prevent avoidable damage.
PART 2 - Practical Learning
Participants are encouraged to repeat the demonstration on their own Brompton using one of our workshop bike stands in the second half of the session. Our staff will be available to assist where necessary and answer questions at this time.
- Bike stand
- Tools, rags, hand wash, gloves
What To Bring
- Bring your Brompton! :)
If you don’t own a Brompton yet you’re welcome to borrow one of our hire fleet.
- If you bring a drink, please ensure it can be sealed or has a lid on it.
- Phone/camera (if taking photos helps you remember the process)
Classes are kept to a maximum of 6 participants - ensure to book early!
Upcoming session dates:
- Mar 16 (Mon) 6:00pm - 8:00pm (Sold Out)
- Apr 23 (Thu) 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Jun 2 (Tue) 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Please arrive 15min prior to the session start time.
All training is conducted at Brompton Junction Melbourne, 755 Nicholson Street, Carlton North, VIC, 3054.
Please inform the presenter if you do not wish to be included in any photography or videography that may be recorded during the session.