Freitag x Brompton Backpack w/Frame (F748 Coltrane)
$629.00 inc. GST
We just put a new spin on backpacks!
Since 1975, Brompton has given urban bike commuters more space in their homes and the freedom to choose to do their daily commute by bike or public transport. The folding-bike pioneers are not only at home in London, but still have every frame made in house by skilled and fully qualified brazers.
Since 1993 FREITAG has injected new life into used truck tarps as functional, water-repellent bags and accessories for bike-riding individualists. Based in Zurich Oerlikon, the company thinks and acts in cycles, and bikes are its favorite way of getting around.
A commute is as individual as a FREITAG bag, and there’s no shortage of efficient, sustainable ways of getting to work and back. So, apart from winning over hearts and minds, the two globally urban market leaders got together to give the backpack a new twist. Result: it now clips on to the front of a Brompton folding bike, where it fits and functions as perfectly as it does in its more usual place. Namely, on your back.
**More options in store. Please mention the image number if enquiring about a specific item.**
Availability: In stock
This special version of the prototypical, rectangular, recycled FREITAG backpack can be turned through 90 degrees and unfold its full potential on any Brompton folding bike.
- Made of used truck tarp, this unique piece comes with an aluminium Brompton front carrier frame and, thanks to its Velcro® straps, can be easily removed.
- Can be used as a backpack with or without the aluminium frame.
- Backpack straps attach magnetically–and almost magically– to the back of the bag, enabling one handed docking and removal on any Brompton bike with any handlebar type.
- Zippered outer compartment is easily accessed from the saddle when you hit a red light.
- Extra-long key strap so you can unlock your door even when the backpack is fixed to the bike.
- Double-zippered, padded main compartment made of recycled PET fabric with rapid access to the laptop compartment.
- Includes a mudflap cut from the same tarp that bolts to the front fender of any Brompton bike.
300 × 120 × 450 mm (L × W × H)
11.8 × 4.7 × 17.7 in (without frame)
Volume = 19L